The British Society for Haematology are closely monitoring the situation, regulations and guidance set out by the UK Government regarding COVID-19 protocols for events. Ensuring the safety of our colleagues, staff and participants is our absolute priority with regards to our planning.
Face to face attendees
In the interests of the health and safety of all attendees and the wider patient population, event personnel and the broader community, BSH ask all face-to-face attendees attending in Manchester to adhere to the following:
- We encourage all delegates to have a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) before travelling to Manchester and attending the meeting, this will be done on a trust basis. We advise you to take a test each day before attending were possible
- We recommend that face coverings are worn when moving throughout the conference, apart from drinking and eating (unless exempt)
- Be aware of COVID-19 symptoms! Do not attend if you are showing any symptoms. BSH advise to consider your attendance if you have any respiratory virus as well.
DO NOT attend or enter the building if you have COVID-19 symptoms
BSH will make every effort to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmissions onsite and keeping the community safe.
All sponsoring company attendees will need to adhere to the guidelines in place for all participants.
The venue is currently undertaking the following:
- Enhanced cleaning of public areas and touch points
- Ventilation systems in the building regularly maintained with fresh air exchange maximised within the venue
- Reduction of touch points around the venue
- Hand sanitising stations available in all communal areas
- All Manchester Central staff to adhere the guidelines set out above for delegates
Travel to the UK.
If you are traveling to the UK, it is your responsibility to ensure that you follow the current regulations set out by the UK Government. It is essential you check the UK government website for the latest information and documents needed to travel: https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control